Position: Helpdesk Specialist/Hardware Software Support
Location: Albany, NY
Duration: 24 months
This position is for regional IT support. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· PC/Laptop deployment
· PC/printer troubleshooting and repair
· Computer imaging
· Computer peripheral troubleshooting and repair
· Software troubleshooting
· Limited 1 on 1 software training
· Hardware and Software support at remote Agency locations.
Position Requirements/Technical Skills:
The following are Mandatory Requirements:
Specialist Mid Level (36-60 months)
- Experience in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures, or business applications and
products that run on those platforms, beyond that of a Programmer
- The Authorized User may seek Specialists in the following areas (list is not exhaustive):
• Backup and Recovery
The following requested qualifications are desired, but not mandatory:
1, 48 months hardware (PC, Laptop, Printer, etc.) troubleshooting and support experience in small, medium and large office settings.
2. 48 months troubleshooting and supporting the Microsoft Windows Operating system
3. 48 months troubleshooting and supporting the Microsoft Office suite.
4. 48 months providing excellent IT customer service, including working within Service Level Agreement expectations
5. 36 months experience with a Helpdesk support software package such as HP Service Manager
Approximately once per week on average, travel will be required to various Agency locations throughout the NYSDOT
Regional boundaries. Some travel may be with a State Vehicle, some utilizing a personal vehicle.