Position: Help Desk Consultant
Location: Albany, NY
Duration: 24 months
Day to day duties to be expected:
1. to professionally and courteously answer Help Desk calls /email messages as they come in, ensuring that the Automated Call Distribution (ACD) telecommunication system is properly staffed and monitored.
2. Use HP Service Manager 7.01 providing first level technical support for approximately 9000 DOT users; monitoring work queues, opening, updating and closing Service Manager Tickets.
3. Accurately document the details of the user request or issue, document the diagnostic steps performed when troubleshooting the issue and assist the user with resolution using existing proceures and documentation.
4. Acts as single point of contact for all users of the Departments Information Technology (IT) services and directs questions and report problems regarding services and products.
5. Communicates with users o ITD services to report scheduled downtimes or other types of issues where users should be notified.
6. To use Help Desk core tools ( remote control and Active Directory) to assist users when needed and obtain a base knowledge in the core products supported by the Help Desk.
Position Requirements/Technical Skills:
Specialist: Experience in the usage and support of a cloolection of development platforms, technical architectures, or business applications and products that fun on those platforms behond that of a programmer.
Junior: 12 - 36 months of relevant work experience.
Other Requested Qualifications all pertain to Help Desk experience serving at least 2000 users:
1. 24 months experience providing Level 1 IT telephone technical support working at an enterprise level Help Desk
2. 24 months experience using a Help Desk ticket tracking system such as HP Service Manager in an enterprose environment
3. 24 months experience supporting Window XP or Windows 7 clients in an enterprise LAN (including wireless) environment.
4. 24 months experience supporting Office 2007 products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, $ Outlook) or higher in an enterprise environment.
5. 24 months experience using Password Reset utilities such as Active Direcory, IBM Mainframe, & Oracle in an enterprise environment.
6. 24 months experience using an ACD telephone system in an enterprise environment.
7. 24 months experience using remote control products such as Landesk Remote Control to resolve customer problems in an enterprise envionment.
8. 24 months experience providing Level 1 IT telephone technical support for network printers, and MFP devices including scanning in an enterprise environment.