Position: PMO Lead
Location: Jasper, IN
Duration: 1+ year
Our client is seeking a Project Management Office (PMO) Lead for a project for 1 year. This candidate must be experienced leading PMO functions for Oracle ERP implementations using the AIM methodology. The role of the Project Office Manager is to establish, implement, develop, and control best practices for IT project management throughout the organization. This includes defining and documenting all policies and processes of project lifecycles in order to deliver these projects according to plan and within budget. The Project Office Manager will also create formal methodologies for defining project key performance metrics and allocating resources.
- Define how the scope, goals, and deliverables of IT projects should support business goals, in collaboration with senior management.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project lifecycle.
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to project managers, owners, sponsors, team members, and other stakeholders in a clear and concise fashion.
- Establish project timelines and milestones/deliverables using the appropriate tools.
- Determine frequency and content of status reports from project managers, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas/mitigate project risks.
- Effectively manage project teams’ time and allocate resources to ensure deliverables are completed.
- Negotiate with department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Assess and approve/disapprove need for additional staff or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project’s lifecycle.
- Direct and manage development of all IT projects within the PMO portfolio from beginning to end.
- Develop best practices, techniques, and tools for project planning, execution, project management, ongoing milestone/deliverable tracking, communication, and key performance metrics.
- Communicate project management standards and techniques to the appropriate training staff.
- Review budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Track and monitor all project milestones and deliverables.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Accept and assess status reports, change requests, and requirements documentation to ensure smooth project progression.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise new project team leads, team members, and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within and between various project teams.
- Provides updates to Executive Leadership on project progress.
- Communicates information related to deliverables and timelines with Functional Management.
- Develops issue resolution recommendations for Executive Leadership approval, as required.
- Facilitates appropriate review of team deliverables with Executive Leadership (e.g., at major milestone dates).
- Manages the overall program and benefits capture.
- Monitors progress and provides updates to program stakeholders.
- Assembles appropriate PMO resources to execute day-to-day PMO functions.
- Ensures quality and consistency across functions.
- Ensures PMO functions and processes are defined and adhered to.
- Monitors project team issues and escalates for resolution as required.
- Acts as day-to-day interface with functional teams (monitor progress, coordinate report-outs).
- Provides acceleration tools to functional teams, including example deliverables, project management best practices, baseline establishment, and other analytical support where necessary.
- Ensures coordination and consistency of project team deliverables.
- Ensures functional team work plans are rolled-up and integrated into a single, integrated master project plan.
- Communicates overall project team progress and helps facilitate messaging around project activities.
- Develops and maintains overall timeline and budget for project activities.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products and must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience leading PMO functions for Oracle ERP implementations using the AIM methodology.
- 10 + years of IT experience.
- 8+ years of IT project management experience.
- Experience with project management software, including Microsoft Project.
- BS or BA in the field of computer science or business administration, with a Master's in one of these fields preferred.
- PMI/PMP certification desired.