Position: Oracle Apps DBA
Location: Jasper, IN
Duration: Full Time
Our client is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator for a direct hire opportunity. Candidate will be responsible for designing, installing, monitoring, maintaining, and performance tuning production and non-production applications and databases while ensuring high levels of system performance and data availability. This individual is also responsible for ensuring the integrity and availability of applications and databases and their accompanying software.
- Ensuring the integrity and availability of applications and databases and their accompanying software.
- All aspects of database administration including installation, configuration, upgrades, capacity planning, performance tuning, backup, and recovery.
- Support multiple instances (Production, Test, QA, and Development ) of Oracle EBS 12, Fusion Middleware and Oracle database 11g.
- Support high availability environment using Oracle RAC, Data Guard, 11g Grid, RMAN, Fusion Middleware, Parallel Concurrent Processing, ASM, OEM, Diagnostics, Tuning, Configuration, and Provisioning Pack.
- Review physical data models, coordinating data security restraints, and actively supporting test plans/environments, benchmarks, and statistics.
- Database and application optimization including performance tuning, query optimization, and supportability.
- Work closely with ERP & IT project team members; communicate regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff to ensure application and database integrity and security.
- Perform periodic backups of instances, and perform cloning from source to target instances.
- Create user accounts and assign access permissions and privileges; Build database scheme, tables, indexes, procedures, and permissions.
- Assist with development of scripts for task automation.
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
- Interface with Oracle Support Staff, Contractual, and Offshore Resources for technical support.
- Support the migration of RICEW objects.
- Evaluate and manage patch requests from functional and development teams thru the entire landscape.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, engineering, or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience as EBS Oracle Applications DBA.
- 3 years EBS DB Performance and tuning experience.
- Oracle Database (11i) administration experience, Oracle E-Business R12 experience a plus.
- Experience with Oracle Applications technology stack, including architecture, installation, configuration, maintenance, cloning and patching procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in backup and recovery procedures.
- Oracle certification in EBS and/or Oracle database preferred.
- Experience in implementation of Oracle EBS, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle. Transportation Management, Business Intelligence modules (OBIEE) highly desirable.
- Manufacturing industry experience a plus.