Position: Sharepoint Developer/Architect
Duration: 12 months
Interview: Phone + F2F
MUST FACE TO FACE AFTER PHONE INTERVIEW
The required person should possess comprehensive knowledge of migrating, implementing, designing and developing solutions based out of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 to SharePoint 2010 platform. The role requires Microsoft technology stack knowledge in both breadth and depth and should be able to design solutions based on SharePoint platform by mapping common customer business problems to end to end technology solutions.
In addition, this position will require consolidating current reporting done in SharePoint 2007 and training of City staff for the ongoing maintenance and administration.
The role will work closely with different teams to come up with portal governance, policies, standards, guidelines and training for the end users.
- Maintain the hosted SharePoint 2007, and Complete a full transition to 2010 infrastructure systems
o for purposes that may include server health checks, system background jobs, interfaces with outside agencies and systems, installation of base software, configuration of architectural components, and job management and issue remediation; create and maintain Sites and Site Collections, as well as all associated databases and services, such as Shared Service Providers, and Extended Authentication providers;
o Design and implement the creation of SharePoint infrastructure and components as dictated by projects and initiatives; increase organizational effectiveness by identifying opportunities to leverage solutions
o Prepare internal transition by developing and conducting training programs
o Implement architecture by building components and custom designs; prototyping; data migration; maintaining technical integrity and consistency; documenting system
o Develop technology strategy by understanding key program objectives; diagnosing and mapping program requirements; articulating solution risks and barriers; recommending project approaches; preparing time and cost estimates; planning full project life cycle
o Improve information usefulness by tracking emerging solutions; evaluating their applicability to program goals and operational requirements
o Create a plan of transition of current SharePoint version to the latest version of SharePoint 2010.
- Validate system performance by developing and conducting test scripts; completing bug fixes; respond to incidents and requests involving existing SharePoint offerings via BMC Remedy;
- Communicate SharePoint architecture standards and frameworks; answer technical and procedural questions for team members; teach improved processes; resolving concerns and issues.
o Provide onsite and ongoing support to Executives and team members
o Develop and maintain documentation as it pertains to policies, procedures, standards, and governance surrounding the SharePoint offering;
o establish and maintain end user access policy and permissions; implement and maintain search services, including defining search scopes; installation and maintenance of any plug-in, feature, web part, template or solution, including 3rd party software or applications; set-up and configure Excel Services and InfoPath services; set-up and maintain outgoing and incoming e-mail services; support back-up and recovery practices and maintain integrity and reliability of access to information; and perform special projects and initiatives as assigned.
MANDATORY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered.
This SharePoint Architect MUST possess:
- At least 4 years of experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010 and MOSS technologies, including expertise in enterprise architecture.
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 installation, configuration, upgrade, architecture, site template customization, site definition customization, content management, collaboration, workflow, custom web parts, reports, search, InfoPath Forms, master pages, content types, features, solutions, Excel Services, SharePoint Designer, and SharePoint Extensions. Candidates must have experience in the design and migration form SharePoint 2007 to 2010.
- Experience with complete application development life-cycle including requirements gathering, analysis and design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Knowledge with SQL 2008 and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Familiarity with planning and implementing portal governance for roles and responsibilities within different teams.
- Practice with customizing SharePoint involving workflows, web parts, templates, and security.
- Strong experience analyzing and optimizing already deployed applications
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010 and MOSS technologies with experience including expertise in enterprise architecture.
- Expert-level competency in Visual Studio Tools for Office, Windows Workflow Foundation, Forms Server, and Excel Services
- Demonstrable experience with .NET Framework to include .NET 3.5 and ASP.NET3.5
- Experience in the building of the architecture of large-scale enterprise collaboration and portal solutions which involve Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010.
- Experience with service oriented architectures and XML
DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE : - Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered
- Understanding of related products such as Project server, Forms server, InfoPath etc would be plus.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to business value is a must. Architects are key enablers for other consultants and staff. Architects focus on one or more key program segments: PMO, delivery, and administration.
- Experience leading large group meetings/information gathering sessions with senior level executives and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with ability to functional both the detail and conceptual levels
- ability to work in cross functional teams
- excellent attention to detail
- candidate should be highly self-motivated
- strong customer and quality-focus;
- sound problem resolution, judgment, and decision-making skills;
- demonstrated experience working with technical and non-technical staff;
- outstanding collaboration and team building skills;
- strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Microsoft certification in SharePoint 2007 or 2010 a plus.